The Association of Corporate Trustees is the forum for all registered Corporate Trustees in Nigeria. We interact, exchange information, support and promote trusteeship practice in Nigeria.
Our main purpose is to serve as the forum for discussion and formulation of strategy on any issue that may affect members, the capital market and other capital market operators.
Founded in 2003, The Association of Corporate Trustees is directed by its executive council which comprises of the President, Vice President, General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary, Treasurer and the Financial secretary.
To be the foremost Corporate Trustees association globally.
To regulate, harmonize, discuss and formulate strategy that will benefits our members globally and the association.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a non-political forum for the promotion of the practice of Trusteeship in Nigeria.
- To regulate and harmonise the activities of members and enhance the exchange of information for their benefit and for the benefit of the Association.
- To co-operate with the Securities & Exchange Commission, The Nigerian Stock Exchange, The Central Securities clearing System Limited and any other institution which share the ideas and the objects of the Association.
- To identify and associate with reputable local and international bodies or associations with similar objectives, aspirations and goals.
- To promote, support or express opinions and procure such actions as may be deemed necessary on legislative matters or other government policies or actions.
- For the purpose to serve as a forum for the discussion and the formulation of strategy to any issue that may affect members and other capital market operators and the capital market.
- For the aforesaid purposes, to promote bills in parliament and adopt other measures for the development of the capital market.
- For the aforesaid purpose to print or publish any newspapers, periodicals, books or leaflets that the association may think desirable for the promotion of its objects subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- To promote the observance of prudent business practices amongst members, ensure integrity, professionalism and efficiency in the discharge of trusteeship duties.